Why We Don't Like You Mr. CEO
I recently read an article what mentioned that Corporations don't understand why the public doesn't like or trust them so I thought I'd make a short list for them.
1. Telling an employee "It's nothing personal" as you're laying them off or firing them. It isn't? I would say not being able to feed your family is personal, dill hole.
2. Firing employees thru email. Grow a pair and have the deceny to fire someone face to face, you souless bastards.
3. Its always so nice to hear you've bought a Titanic sized yacht from the bonus you got after laying off thousands of employees. It must be nice to be ineffective at your job and still get paid bonuses for it. You must be on some powerful drugs to able to sleep at night, I know I couldn't sleep, but then I have a conscience.
4. Stop trying to weasel out of your responsibilities. If you F@ck something up and someone gets hurt, take care of it yourself. People shouldn't have to sue you to get you to do the right thing. Also if you are sued stop sending armies of lawyers after customers brave enough to take you on; in short : STOP BEING A BULLY.
5. It's not kosher when you layoff a loyal employee to have them escorted off the property by armed security guards or police. It's only ok if this person is known to be unstable.
6. You know maybe spending millions of dollars on naming a football stadium isn't a good idea in these economics times. Call me crazy but wouldn't that money be better spent on R&D or even paying down your debts?
7. Corporations have cut back so much that employees are overworked and it shows. Customer service is horrible now, I don't blame the employees I blame upper management for not providing proper training or demanding too much of exsisting workers. I almost forgot to mention, having people who can speak english would be a pretty good idea too.
8. How about a little truth in advertising? Putting a new label on something and calling it new and improved isn't working anymore, most of us are on to that little game.
9. Stop with these customer incentive card programs and just give us the flipping discounts! I don't want my wallet or keychain filled with cards for store discounts, its getting out of hand.
10. Try and do a little more before getting rid of employees. Sell the company yacht, golf courses, jet, cars, and unneeded business trips. Fly coach if you have to!
Maybe after you have done at least a few of things I've mentioned then we may have some restored trust in you.